Here’s your southwest Georgia news roundup for Monday, May 2, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – According to Decatur County Sheriff Wiley Griffin, an arrest has been made in the murder of 22 year old Quentieria Knight.
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Details from Friday’s Decatur County homicide
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Sheriff Wiley Griffin discussing the Decatur County homicide (video).
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – Decatur County Fire and Rescue responded to a major fire that destroyed several pieces of farm equipment
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – Wanda Renee Moore, 37, was arrested by Bainbridge Public Safety and charged with trafficking cocaine last Friday around 10:30 a.m.
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – The Decatur County Board of Education is set to begin the second round of superintendent interviews.
- VALDOSTA – Three people have been indicted for throwing Molotov cocktails at a residence in south Lowndes County.
- STATENVILLE – A man recently released from prison is now back in custody after a high speed chase Tuesday night in Echols County.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.