Here’s your southwest Georgia news roundup for Thursday, April 28, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – The Decatur County Board of Commissioners unanimously approved a proposed healthcare cooperative between the county, the City of Bainbridge and Memorial Hospital and Manor Tuesday that will save a proposed $176,838 for the county in its first year
- LOWNDES CO., GA (WALB) – Six people were injured in a single vehicle accident on GA 38 Wednesday morning in Lowndes County.
- MILLER CO., GA (WALB) – Miller County Hospital is expanding its nursing home facility.
- LIBERTY COUNTY, Fla. (WCTV) — A Liberty County High School J.R.O.T.C. teacher has been arrested following an investigation into accusations of a sexual relationship with a student.
- MADISON, FL (WCTV) – Career Source North Florida and North Florida Community College are hosting a Manufacturing Job Fair at the NFCC campus in Madison, FL on April 28 from 12 p.m.-3 p.m.
- VALDOSTA, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – A semi-truck caught on fire and was completely destroyed Wednesday on Interstate 75
- ALBANY, GA (WALB) – Albany Police are asking for the public’s help after upgrading charges against a former APD officer to aggravated assault and false imprisonment.
- VALDOSTA – The parents of Kendrick Johnson are calling on supporters to gather at the Lowndes County Judicial Complex Friday morning to witness what they described as “a miscarriage of Justice.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.