Here’s your southwest Georgia news roundup for Tuesday, March 15, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – A driver nearly ended up in Shotwell Street after crashing over a retaining wall
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Bainbridge Code Enforcement Officers now have county jurisdiction.
- ALBANY, GA (ALBANY HERALD) – An Albany man who authorities say was one of the Albany area’s most wanted suspected drug dealers was arrested Friday in what has been declared the largest crack and powder cocaine bust in the city this year.
- DOTHAN, AL (DOTHAN EAGLE) – A Midland City woman faces a felony charge after authorities say she helped a Dothan murder suspect evade capture by officers with the Dothan Police Department.
- ALBANY, GA (WALB) – Several weeks ago, it looked like a gallon of gas might fall to a dollar a gallon, but that trend has reversed. The price at the pump is headed in the other direction.
- ATLANTA, GA (AJC) – Gov. Nathan Deal wants substantive changes to a measure that would allow college students to carry concealed guns onto campuses, suggesting Monday that he might veto the controversial proposal if lawmakers don’t take a second crack at it.
- ATLANTA (AP) — A bill to expand the diseases eligible for medical marijuana in Georgia has stalled in the Senate with four days remaining in the legislative session.
- TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida Democrats and Republicans are choosing who they want on November’s presidential ballot.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.