Here’s your southwest Georgia news roundup for Thursday, March 10 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Here’s an updated list of candidates who have qualified for local office in Decatur County.
- ALBANY, GA (WALB) – The mother of three Albany children who went missing Wednesday evening has been arrested and the children were found safe.
- COFFEE CO., GA (WALB) – One person is still in the hospital after a dramatic rescue from a burning home in Coffee County.
- ALBANY, GA (WALB) – Two South Georgia Law Enforcement agencies are working together to find a criminal couple.
- DOTHAN, AL (DOTHAN EAGLE) – A Pinckard man has resigned from working as a corrections officer at the Houston County Jail after a recent arrest as part of a Dothan police prostitution sting.
- HOUSTON COUNTY, GA (MACON TELEGRAPH) – If they are convicted, four Warner Robins teenagers are facing at least five years in prison after a Houston County grand jury indicted them Tuesday under the state’s anti-gang laws.
- ATLANTA, GA (AJC) – A South Georgia senator said Wednesday he supports a proposal that would bring in a special prosecutor to handle officer involved shooting cases.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10-Noon.