Here’s your southwest Georgia news roundup for Wednesday, March 9, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) –A man on a motorcycle was run over Tuesday while leading a woman to the Decatur County Sheriff’s Office, Georgia State Patrol said.
- TIFTON, GA (WALB) –Police say they are investigating after shots were fired in a neighborhood near Charles Spencer Elementary School.
- TALLAHASSEE, FL (WCTV) –A sting at a Tallahassee massage parlor ends with an arrest for prostitution and practicing massage without a license.
- THOMASVILLE (TIMES ENTERPRISE) — A former Thomas County Middle School teacher was charged Tuesday morning with obscene Internet contact with a child.
- ALBANY (ALBANY HERALD) — The temperatures are getting higher and so are gas pump prices.
- THOMAS Co. (VALDOSTA TODAY) – The Thomas County Sheriff’s Office is asking the public’s help in gathering information regarding the location of a sex offender
- VALDOSTA, GA(VALDOSTA TODAY) – During IHOP’s National Pancake Day, the company’s largest philanthropic event of the year, more than 1,500 IHOP restaurants across the country will invite guests to enjoy a complimentary stack of IHOP’s signature buttermilk pancakes from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10-Noon.