Also see Related Story: Officials watching water levels not concerned about rain forecast (Albany Herald)
Citizens with questions regarding flood preparedness should contact Decatur County Emergency Management at 229-248-3869.
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TALLAHASSEE FL
850 PM EST WED JAN 6 2016
The Flood Warning continues for
the Flint River at Bainbridge (US 27).
* Until Saturday evening.
* At 7:45 PM Wednesday the stage was 29.2 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Flood stage is 25.0 feet.
* Forecast: The river will continue to fall to below flood stage by
* Impact: At 29.7 feet: Flood waters will reach the elevation of the
docks at the asphalt company and Flint River Grain Mill in the West
…The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in Georgia…
Flint River at Newton (SR 37) affecting Baker and Mitchell Counties
Flint River at Bainbridge (US 27) affecting Decatur County
All persons with interest along the river should monitor the latest
forecasts, and be prepared to take necessary precautions to protect
life and property. Do not drive cars through flooded areas. If you
see flood waters: Turn around. Don`t drown.
For graphical hydrologic information, please go to weather.gov and
click on your state. Select Rivers and Lakes AHPS under current
conditions and click on your river point.