These safety tips brought to you by Holuday Fireworks, the best place to get fireworks, with 12 locations including Columbia, AL! Open July 4th from 9 a.m. until the last customer is served!
Check out Holiday Fireworks on Facebook for more information!
- Use fireworks outdoors only.
- Obey local laws. If fireworks are not legal where you live, do not use them.
- Always have water handy (a hose or bucket).
- Only use fireworks as intended. Don’t try to alter them or combine them.
- Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
- Use common sense. Spectators should keep a safe distance from the shooter. The shooter should always wear safety glasses.
- Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Have a designated sober shooter.
Only persons over the age of 12 should be allowed to handle sparklers of any type, and only under adult supervision.
- Do not ever use homemade fireworks of illegal explosives- they can KILL you! Report illegal explosives to the fire or police department in your community.