We will post election results on Tuesday night on sowegalive.com from Decatur County and surrounding counties. We will be set up at the Decatur County Board of Elections and Voter Registration office, in the Courthouse Annex on Water Street in Bainbridge, and post results as each precinct reports.
Voting precincts are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday. To check your voter registration status and find out where you vote, visit the Georgia Secretary of State’s My Voter Page.
Sample Ballot for Decatur County (PDF) (this does not include the District 4 County Commissioner Race)
Bring your photo ID to the polls
Georgia law requires Georgia residents to show photo identification when voting in person.
WHAT IDS ARE ACCEPTABLE?
- Any valid state or federal government issued photo ID, including a FREE Voter ID Card issued by your county registrar’s office or the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS)
- A Georgia Driver’s License, even if expired
- Valid employee photo ID from any branch, department, agency, or entity of the U.S. Government, Georgia, or any county, municipality, board, authority or other entity of this state
- Valid U.S. passport ID
- Valid U.S. military photo ID
- Valid tribal photo ID
- Student ID from any public university, college or technical college located in Georgia
Bring one of these forms of identification to vote.
GEORGIA’S VOTER IDENTIFICATION CARD
If you do not have one of the six acceptable forms of photo ID, the State of Georgia offers a FREE Voter Identification Card. An identification card can be issued at any county registrar’s office or Department of Driver Services Office free of charge.
To receive a voter identification card, the voter must provide:
- A photo identity document or approved non-photo identity document that includes full legal name and date of birth
- Documentation showing the voter’s date of birth
- Evidence that the applicant is a registered voter
- Documentation showing the applicant’s name and residential address