Burglary reported at Shotwell Street business
Just before 6 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 11, Sgt. Ray Cox of Bainbridge Public Safety responded to an alarm going off at Deep South Gun and Pawn, located at 1119 E. Shotwell Street in Bainbridge.
Sgt. Cox discovered that the left front glass door to the business had been broken out. After making sure no one was inside the store, Sgt. Cox found a brick lying on the floor inside the store that appeared to have been thrown the door. One of the store’s glass display cases had been shattered, and it was discovered that two Walther BB pistols valued at $50 each were missing from the display case.
Mugging reported Sunday night
A man and woman reported being mugged as they walked on Water Street in Bainbridge on Sunday, Oct. 12.
One of the victims stated that she and a friend had walked to a convenience store at the intersection of Scott and Water streets at around 8:30 p.m. Shortly after leaving the store, a group of three men approached them as they walked on the 900 block of Water Street.
One of the men pulled out a silver handgun and demanded they give up their money. Two other men rifled through the victims’ pockets, and took cash from the male victim’s pants pockets.
The incident is under investigation by Bainbridge Public Safety.
More car break-ins reported
The following car break-ins were reported in Bainbridge and Decatur County:
- 10/13: a woman who had parked her car in a large parking lot outside a Shotwell Street shopping strip reported that the driver’s side window of her car had been busted out by persons unknown.
- 10/13: a resident of Quail Run reported someone had entered his work truck and stole a work laptop from inside. The resident stated his home’s burglar alarm went off around midnight to 12:30 p.m.
- 10/11, Douglas Drive, report of entering auto.
- 10/10: a woman reported someone went into her car, which was parked in the lot across Gordon Avenue from Memorial Hospital, and took her cell phone. The victim attempted to track the phone online and noticed it was located in Whigham, Ga.
- 10/9: 600 block of Avenue B, a man reported someone smashed the driver’s side window of his Cadillac Escalade and stole a cell phone, a tablet and a GPS unit.
- 10/7: 1400 block of S. Hall Street, a woman reported someone broke out the passenger window of her Ford Explorer. Nothing was reported missing.
Be the first to comment