THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN TALLAHASSEE HAS ISSUED AN
* URBAN AND SMALL STREAM FLOOD ADVISORY FOR …
CENTRAL DECATUR COUNTY IN SOUTHWEST GEORGIA …
* UNTIL 600 PM EDT
* AT 402 PM EDT …THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS DETECTED AN AREA
OF STRONG AND SLOW MOVING THUNDERSTORMS PRODUCING VERY HEAVY RAINFALL
ACROSS THE AREA. THESE STORMS ARE PRODUCING RAINFALL RATES OF 3 TO 4
INCHES PER HOUR …WITH TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF UP TO 4 TO 5 INCHES
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS …
SOME FLOODING MAY OCCUR IN LOW LYING SPOTS …URBAN AREAS …OR SMALLER
STREAMS AND CREEKS. MOST FLOOD DEATHS OCCUR IN AUTOMOBILES. DO NOT
ATTEMPT TO DRIVE THROUGH FLOODED ROADS. REMEMBER …TURN AROUND …
Forecast from the National Weather Service:
- Tuesday: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 88. Southwest wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
- Tonight: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70. West southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday: A 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11am. Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 91. Calm wind becoming north northwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.