In recent days, Bainbridge Public Safety officers have responded to a number of reports of automobile break-ins in a neighborhood south of Memorial Hospital.
On Monday, July 7, an employee of the Burger King in Bainbridge at the corner of Shotwell Street and Boulevard Ave. reported that someone had broken into one of the drive-thru order sign and removed all of the advertising pieces it contained behind its plastic face. However, the business was not broken into. The employee, who lives nearby on E. College Street, added that when he got into his vehicle to go to work, he observed that his vehicle’s seats had been moved from their normal position and his vehicle was rummaged through.
- 7/3, 1500 Shotwell Street (Memorial Hospital), someone stole off-shore fishing rod and reel out of the back of a truck parked in the parking lot
- 7/4, 1605 Miluli Ave. (apartment complex), complainant said she saw a black male in dark shirt, light brown pants and brown boots rummaging in her SUV. When she confronted him, he took off running and later she discovered someone had broken a window in her vehicle and took cash from inside the vehicle.
- 7/3, Spruce Street, vehicle tag decal stolen from a parked vehicle
- 7/6, 1600 block of Libby Street, car rummaged through
- 7/7, 1605 Miluli Ave. (apartment complex), SUV rummaged through
- 7/7, 1600 block of Pine Street, two cars rummaged through at same address, knife and black light taken, the knife was taken out of one car and left behind by the thief in the other vehicle.
- 7/7, 1600 block of Mitchell Street, car rummaged through
- 7/7, 1600 block of Pine Street, car rummaged through
In another area of town, Chason Park Drive in downtown Bainbridge, a complaintant reported her vehicle was broken into sometime on the evening of Friday, July 4.
Incidents reported by the Decatur County Sheriff’s Office:
- ON JULY 3, 2014 DEPT. HUGHES RESPONDED TO 361 FRANK BROWN RD. IN REFERENCE TO BURGLARY. THE CASE HAS BEEN TURNED OVER TO INV. KEN DAVIDSON.
- ON JULY 5, 2014 DEPT. EDMOND RESPONDED TO AN ACCIDENT ON E. GRIFFIN AVE. IN REFERENCE TO A CAR HITTING A DEER.
- ON JULY 6, 2014 DECATUR COUNTY DEPUTIES WERE DISPATCHED TO A VEHICLE FIRE ON EDWARDS RD, JUST OFF HWY 27 SOUTH. IT WAS DISCOVERED THAT THE VEHICLE WAS REPORTED STOLEN OUT OF PINELLAS PARK, FLORIDA.
- ON JULY 2, 2014 DEPT. HUGHES RESPONDED TO 128 BLACK JACK RD. LOT 12. IN REFERENCE TO A BURGLARY. CASE HAS BEEN TURNED OVER TO INV. REDELL WALTON.
- ON JULY 1, 2014 IN THE PARKING LOT OF 2138 DOTHAN RD, ALTON JUSTICE NEWTON’S VEHICLE ROLLED INTO A BUILDING. THE DAMAGE TO VEHICLE AND BUILDING WERE MINOR.
Be the first to comment