- Wednesday: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 2pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 88. Southeast wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.
- Wednesday night: showers and thunderstorms likely, then thunderstorms after 8pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low around 69. South wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.
- Thursday: Thunderstorms likely before 2pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Cloudy, with a high near 78. South wind 5 to 15 mph becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Thursday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 50. Northwest wind around 10 mph.
From the National Weather Service:
...FLASH FLOOD WATCH TODAY THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING FOR THE FLORIDA PANHANDLE AND BIG BEND...SOUTHEAST ALABAMA...AND SOUTHWEST AND SOUTH CENTRAL GEORGIA FOR HEAVY RAIN ...
.A COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH SLOWLY FROM THE WEST TODAY. SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS WILL GRADUALLY INCREASE DURING THE DAY AS THIS FRONT INTERACTS WITH UNUSUALLY MOIST AIR ACROSS THE REGION. THE HEAVIEST RAIN IS LIKELY TONIGHT AND EARLY THURSDAY...AS THE COLD FRONT CROSSES THE AREA. RAINFALL ACROSS MOST OF THE AREA WILL RANGE FROM 2 TO 3 INCHES...BUT ISOLATED AMOUNTS MAY BE IN THE 5 TO 8 INCH RANGE. GIVEN THE HIGH WATER TABLES AND FULL DRAINAGES...ESPECIALLY IN THE FLORIDA PANHANDLE...THERE IS A THREAT OF RAPIDLY RISING WATERS.
* FROM 8 AM EDT /7 AM CDT/ THIS MORNING THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING * WIDESPREAD RAINFALL TOTALS OF 2 TO 3 INCHES THROUGH THURSDAY. ISOLATED AMOUNTS OF 5 TO 8 INCHES. * SOME LOW LYING AREAS HAVE NOT COMPLETELY RECOVERED FROM THE HEAVY RAIN A FEW WEEKS AGO. THESE AREAS...AND THE ISOLATED AREAS THAT GET 5 TO 8 INCHES OF RAIN...WILL BE MOST VULNERABLE TO FLASH FLOODING. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A FLASH FLOOD WATCH MEANS THAT CONDITIONS MAY DEVELOP THAT LEAD TO FLASH FLOODING. FLASH FLOODING IS A VERY DANGEROUS SITUATION. PLEASE MONITOR THE FORECASTS AND BE PREPARED TO TAKE ACTION SHOULD FLASH FLOOD WARNINGS BE ISSUED.