This weekend’s special events include:
- Bingo and Pizza Night to benefit Bainbridge-Decatur County Humane Society, Friday, April 25 at 6 p.m. at First United Methodist Church in Bainbridge. Cost is $10 for adults and $5 for children and includes starter bingo cards, pizza, salad, dessert and drink
- Golf tournament to benefit Southwest Georgia Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Saturday at 9 a.m., Bainbridge Country Club
- Decatur County Relay for Life, Saturday, April 26 from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., Bainbridge Middle School track, 1301 E. College Street, Bainbridge. Luminary candle lighting and survivor’s walk takes place at 8:30 p.m.
- 7th Annual Smokin’ in Hopeful festival, Saturday, April 26 from 10 a.m. until at the Hopeful Volunteer Fire Department located on Georgia Highway 97 near the Decatur-Mitchell County line. BBQ cook-off teams will compete for cash prizes and bragging rights while everyone enjoys a fun-filled day of great food and entertainment. Local bands and talented performers will entertain alongside vendors and kid-friendly activities, including bounce houses. All proceeds will support the Hopeful Volunteer Fire Department and first responders.
- 2014 Spring Fling and Church Auction, Sunday, April 27 from 4 p.m. until at Flat Creek Baptist Church, 1616 Three Notch Road, Blakely, GA. Food and live music, free activities and bouncy house for the kids. Featured performers include Jeff and Sheri Easter.
- Third Annual Memorial Hospital Foundation Derby Night, Kirbo Center at Bainbridge College, Saturday, May 3 from 5:30 p.m. to 10 p.m. A live broadcast of the Kentucky Derby will be held and pre-race festivities will begin at 5:30 p.m. Dinner will be held at 6:30 p.m. Nashville recording artist Colby Dee will entertain. There will also be live and silen auctions, as well as a Ladies’ Hat Contest. All proceeds from Derby Night will benefit the foundation’s mission to provide essential medical equipment to Memorial Hospital and Manor.
- Ugandan Thunder, a nationally acclaimed choir consisting of 22 multi-talented children aged 8-16 from East Africa, will perform your favorite songs both in African and American styles, Tuesday, May 6, at the Kirbo Center at Bainbridge College, 7 p.m. For additional information and reserved seating, call The Friendship House at (229) 243-1298. You may read further about this ministry at www.penniesforposho.org