Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup for Thursday, March 9, 2017:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – Decatur County School Superintendent Tim Cochran made a presentation to Bainbridge Rotary this week to talk about the extension of ESPLOST.
- MITCHELL CO., GA (WALB) – The Georgia State Patrol and the Department of Natural Resources are working together to locate Ronnie Aaron Parrish.
- SANDY SPRINGS, GA (CBS46) – Sandy Springs police arrested a man accused of human trafficking on Tuesday.
- HINESVILLE, Ga. (WCTV) – Authorities say they’re investigating the deaths of two soldiers found outside a Georgia Army base as a double homicide.
- ABBEVILLE, AL (DOTHAN EAGLE) – A Grob G120TP airplane used to train Army fixed-wing flight students crashed Wednesday afternoon near the Abbeville airport.
- ATLANTA, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – The Georgia Department of Labor (GDOL) announced today that the state’s seasonally-adjusted unemployment rate was 5.5 percent in January, unchanged from a revised 5.5 percent in December.
- TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) – Legislation that would require body cameras to be used by most law enforcement officers in Florida, has been filed at the state capitol today.
- PERRY, GA (MACON.COM) – A former state food and safety inspector is accused of extorting money from a Warner Robins convenience store clerk.
- NEWS: Aaron Parrish Turns Himself In, Marianna Teens Arrested for Walmart Fires, Quitman Gets 100 New Jobs and More
- NEWS: BHS Principal Retiring,Tuesday Afternoon Plane Crash in Alabama, Bird Flu in Georgia, Arrest Reports and More
- NEWS: Severe Weather Possible Thursday Night, Bainbridge Man Runs 100 Miles, and More
- NEWS: Puppy Mill Discovered in Dothan, Early County Man Killed in Monday Morning Accident, Meigs Shooting and More