Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup for Thursday, February 9, 2017:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Bainbridge and Decatur County arrest reports for Wednesday, February 8, 2017
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – Bainbridge Public Safety arrested a drug dealer on Monday, Feb. 6, on Flemming Street for possession of cocaine and methamphetamine with intent to distribute
- MOULTRIE, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – Eyewitness accounts led to the identification and arrest of two suspects charged with the robbery of a Moultrie nail salon.
- TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) – Once again, another round of severe weather rolled through our area Tuesday evening, killing one in Calhoun County, knocking down trees, causing power outages, and damaging a few homes.
- TALLAHASSEE, FL (TALLAHASSEE DEMOCRAT) – Three of Madison Social’s bartenders sprung into action when they noticed a patron on Super Bowl Sunday being held at knife-point by another man
- JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Former U.S. Rep. Corrine Brown’s longtime chief of staff has pleaded guilty to charges related to what prosecutors have called a phony charity turned into a personal slush fund.
- ALBANY, GA (ALBANY HERALD) — Eleven South Georgia counties, including Dougherty, Baker and Worth in metro Albany, were approved by the federal government Wednesday for public assistance for disaster-related expenses caused by the Jan. 21-22 storms, tornadoes and high winds.
- MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Former Alabama Gov. Don Siegelman was released from a federal prison in Louisiana and arrived home Wednesday after serving a six-year sentence for bribery and obstruction of justice.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.
- NEWS: Potter Street Community Center Named After Councilman Sweet, Bdge State College Suspects Id’d, and More
- NEWS: Bainbridge State College Searching for Suspected Thieves, Bullet Hits Thomas University Building, and More
- NEWS: Vada Man Killed in Plane Crash, GSP is Hiring, Arrest Reports and More
- NEWS: Decatur County Man Convicted in Infant Aggravated Assault, Arrest Reports and More