Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup for Wednesday, February 8, 2017:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Norris Akins was named the City of Bainbridge Employee of the Quarter
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – Following two fatal accidents at the intersection of Hwy. 27 North and Bethel Road in a five-day period, public outcry has drastically increased calling for a traffic light to be installed at the intersection.
- TROUP COUNTY, GA (WTVM) – Families all over Florida, Georgia and Alabama are breathing a collective sigh of relief. Investigators confirm a weeklong, terrifying killing spree came to an end at the West Point Motel in Troup County on Tuesday.
- COOLIDGE, GA (WALB) – Power crews worked throughout the overnight hours to restore power to hundreds of home left in the dark following a round of severe weather Tuesday evening.
- ATLANTA, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is once again partnering with state law enforcement agencies, Channel 2 WSB-TV, the Georgia Motor Trucking Association, the Georgia Emergency Management and Homeland Security Agency (GEMA) and Caring for Others, Inc., to help raise funds for South Georgia residents who survived the historic tornado outbreak last month.
- LYNN HAVEN, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Florida Panhandle teen is facing charges after stealing a school bus over the weekend
- TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) – A woman is suing El Jalisco for over $15,000 in damages after falling off the restaurant’s donkey statue and fracturing her spine.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.
- NEWS: HD Video Footage of Albany Tornado Damage, NWS Upgrades Albany Tornado to EF-3, Burglary at Bainbridge Zip Trip,
- WEATHER: Wet Start to the Week, Cooler Temperatures Too
- NEWS: Stabbing Suspect Wanted, Severe Weather Update, Arrest Reports and More
- NEWS: Flint River Projected to Reach Flood Stage Wednesday, Inmate Arrested, Tornado Confirmed and More