Here’s your southwest Georgia area news roundup for Wednesday, February 1, 2017:
- ASHBURN, GA (WALB) – The GBI is assisting the Dougherty County Police with the missing person’s investigation of Detraz Green, 2.
- TIFTON, Ga. (WCTV) — Georgia’s Peanut Commission and Peanut Proud are donating more than 10,000 jars of local peanut butter.
- ATLANTA, GA (AJC) – Former Early County football star Recardo Wimbush sentenced to 20 years
- CHIPLEY, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say six children and two adults in the Florida Panhandle are in serious condition after carbon monoxide filled their vehicle, causing them to fall asleep.
- ATLANTA, GA (MACON TELEGRAPH) – Going to the Super Bowl may not be out of the realm of possibility for some Ellen DeGeneres fans who, as instructed in a series of cryptic tweets, plan to be in the area of Georgia Tech on Wednesday.
- ATLANTA, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – The number of reported cargo theft losses in Georgia dropped 64 percent in 2016 thanks in large part to the a Georgia Bureau of Investigation task force.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.
- NEWS: Potter Street Community Center Named After Councilman Sweet, Bdge State College Suspects Id’d, and More
- NEWS: Bainbridge State College Searching for Suspected Thieves, Bullet Hits Thomas University Building, and More
- NEWS: Vada Man Killed in Plane Crash, GSP is Hiring, Arrest Reports and More
- NEWS: Decatur County Man Convicted in Infant Aggravated Assault, Arrest Reports and More