Here’s your southwest Georgia news roundup for Friday, October 7, 2016:
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (SOWEGALIVE) – Bainbridge and Decatur County arrest reports for Thursday, October 6, 2016
- BAINBRIDGE, GA (POST SEARCHLIGHT) – Phone calls to local hotels in Bainbridge will get you one answer as soon as they answer the phone- “We are booked full.”
- SYLVESTER, GA (WALB) – One person has been arrested in the investigation of a suspicious death in Albany.
- TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) — The Leon County Sheriff’s Office has identified the body found Thursday morning at the Leon County Waste Transfer Station on Gum Road.
- VALDOSTA, GA (VALDOSTA TODAY) – Lowndes County and the surrounding areas could receive a half inch of rain and wind gusts as Hurricane Matthew barrels along the Florida and Georgia coastlines, according to the National Weather Service in Tallahassee.
- GEORGIA NEWS NETWORK – More than 300,000 Floridians are without electricity as Hurricane Matthew prowls north, just off the Florida coast.
- ALBANY, GA (ALBANY HERALD) — The first busloads of nearly 6,000 Marine recruits from Marine Recruit Depot Parris Island pulled into MCLB-Albany Thursday night after the Marine Corps ordered the evacuation of non-essential personnel from the depot because of the threat of Hurricane Matthew.
- ATLANTA, GA (AJC) – A shootout near popular Midtown bars and restaurants late Thursday damaged 19 vehicles and littered the corner of Crescent Avenue and 13th Street with more than 60 gun rounds, police said.
As always, you can hear these news stories and more on the Sack Lunch Show, weekdays from 10 – Noon.
- NEWS: Wanted Man in Bainbridge, Benefit Yard Sale, Bypass Bridge Under Construction and More
- NEWS: Robbery Leads to Homicide, Governor Reviewing Dawson Mayor’s Indictment, and More
- NEWS: Rainfall Totals, Chicken Houses Destroyed by Storm, Earthquake in NW GA and More
- NEWS: Severe Weather Possible Monday Night, I-85 Collapse Details, Arrest Reports and More